Saturday, June 27, 2009

Our (mostly window-) Shopping Extravaganza!

So, my wonderful husband knows that I have wanted to go on a road trip for quite sometime, why?...

...Perhaps it is my love of maps and navigation; my need to constantly be doing something new/different; my desire to "see the world!"; or a silly attempt to avoid aging? (don't ask where the rationale come from for the last one...I am not sure that there is any; it's just how I feel...)

SO, originally we were going to head to DC, because we both Love American History and the founding fathers--but at long last, we realized that there was no way that was happening this year...so I gave up any hope or idea of a fun vacation before Phil lost any influence as to what he will spend his time doing for the next year.

Well, that lack of hope and excitement was a little premature...Phil surprised me with a getaway to Minneapolis, MN--or more importantly--the Mall of America!!! As most people know, I absolutely LOVE to shop (and buy things, of course) so this was a pretty good second to Washington, DC.


The drive on the way was a lot of fun (at least for the part of it that I was awake!) Phil drove the whole way there...my hero--isn't he cute! (it was like pulling teeth to get him to look at the camera)


While we were in Minnesota, we also saw...

1. The temple,

my cute Phil in front of the temple,

and me in front of the temple...a lot (too much in fact).

Phil wouldn't let me take very many pictures of him, and I am not sure why--he is basically the picture of perfection, and yet he refuses to let me get many pictures of him!


2. Minneapolis,

and cool buildings in Minneapolis...
3. We also drove through St. Paul, and you can probably tell from the pictures, or lack thereof, that we thought St. Paul had a lot less to offer than Minneapolis did, but at least there was this cool bridge! woo. hoo.


The Mall of America was the highlight of the trip (second to the temple of course)...

We saw LOTS of Legos...

Dinos made of legos,


My scary face next to Phil's face, infront of Legos,
Phil's face in front of large lego people made of legos,

and my face in front of pirates' faces made of legos...
We really like Legos!

We also saw the infamous indoor theme park.


Then we got bored with taking pictures, and decided to shop.

We went to so many stores that I actually needed a break from shopping (I never, ever thought that I would see that day). There were lots of stores selling random stuff, and lots of shops I had never been into, and there are still many stores we didn't see...and many, many, many stores at the mall that we never got to go into...on the top of my list were Lacoste and Burberry, which we saw as the mall was closing and I was like--"how'd we miss these?!" I think we only saw about 1/4 of the stores there...hopefully we can go back again:)

On the way home I had a lot of fun...

stalking Philly-poo

loving on Philly-poo
and taking pictures, to amuse my self, while Phil drove...
and enjoyed his blizzard.


Thanks to Phil, it was an incredible vacation! I don't know how he lived through those hours and hours of shopping--but he did it--and he's a champ! Love you kissy:)

1 comment:

The Leakes said...

Tiffany! We had no idea you guys had a blog-what a great discovery I made today! :) It looks like you guys had a great little trip, and what a perfect time to take it! I hope all is well and that Phil is surviving pediatrics, I'm sure he's doing great!